Wednesday 26 November 2014

Weather and Seasons

Hi there! What's the weather like?
Summary

Age
6-8 years old
Level
2nd and 3rd grade of primary school
Number of students
25 pupils
Nationality
All
Skills
Listening, reading, speaking and writing.
Steps
1. Listen and read the vocabulary about the weather and seasons from the presentation.
2. Listen to the funny video about the weather from Sesame Street.
3. Online exercises about weather.
4. Make a craft calendar, draw every season of the year and include important events.
  • Guide:

1. Read out loud the presentation about different  vocabularyseasons,weather and clothes. 


  • Then, play charades: mime and guess the word.

2. Listen to this Video: Sesame Street-Grover weather monster.




3. Practise and learn more. Do these Online activities: The weather.











4. Craft calendar. Follow the instructions. Be creative and original. 
  • Materials: paper, cardboard, tape, crayons, markers, glitter....
  • You can create your own calendar for a month or year. 
  • You can draw and decorate it with the seasons and mark important events.
  • Also, I leave you here a printable colouring calendar.



See you in the next lesson!
Have fun! 

6 comments:

  1. Hello Vanessa!!

    I love this activity!! It mixes lots of knowledges!
    You can work with it the seasons, the weather, the numbers, the days of the week, the months of the year, the work days vs holidays... a lot of things!

    At the same time, they're worknig with almost all the intelligences: Mathematics (with numbers), Naturalist (seasons), Kinestetic (handmade), Spatial (structuring the calendar), Intrapersonal (imagination, creativity), linguistic (vocabulary)... It's a very complete and original activity! Awesome!!

    Best wishes,

    Carol Merino.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanesa!
    I love your activity about the weather!
    As Carol said, It's very complete and useful.
    In my opinion it's very important to give to our children different options to learn the same thing; in that way they can develop their different skills or multiple intelligences. That activity could be a clear example of that!
    The part I like the most is the personalized calendar. They can learn a lot in that 'creative option'. I'll try it with my pupils!
    Thanks for your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!!!Vanesa!!it´s a great activity for them i loved it!!!
    I did in my classroom with my kids one for xmas and we had a great time,we really enjoyed doing it!they learnt,they had fun,and they shared it´s also important!!!
    I really liked your blog!!!
    have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Vanessa,
    I really like your blog. I can´t say which activity I like the most because I think all of them are very interesting and motivating. I like the colors you use in the design because they make the entries very attractive. I am not working now but my children have done some of the activities and they have had a very good time. So, the only thing I would like to say is "thank you very much".
    Best regards,
    Yolanda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Vanessa,
    What a good idea to make our own calendar. I will try to make it with my students.
    Congratulations for your blog, I like it very much.
    Thanks for sharing your ideas.
    Regards,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete