Sunday 23 November 2014

Shrek's Song


                                                                  Hello! Are you a believer?

Summary

Age
8-12 years old
Level
from 3rd to 6th grade of primary school.
Nationality
All
Skills
Listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Steps 
1. Listen to the song.
2. Read the lyrics. Look up for unknown words in the dictionary. Then, fill in the gaps. 
3. Sing the song while watching the video again. Record yourself singing and dancing a choreography.

           

 1. Listen to the song:

 

2. Read, listen and fill in the gaps with these words.

mind       believer       face      dreams      love      pain       

                                            I'm a believer








I thought love was only true in fairytales
Meant for someone else but not for me 

_ _ _ _ was out to get me,that's the way it seemed
Dissappointment haunted all my _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Then I saw her _ _ _ _
Now I'm a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .
Not a trace
Of doubt in my  _ _ _ _.
I'm in love
(ooooooaaaahhh)
I'm a believer, I couldn't leave her 
if I tried 

I thought _ _ _ _ was more or less a given thing
The more I gave the less I got, Oh Yeah
What's the use of trying
All you get is _ _ _ _
When I wanted sunshine I got _ _ _  _ 

3.   Sing the song while watching the video again. Then, record yourself singing and dancing a choreography. 

3.1 Watch your video and reflect on your performance
 (pronunciation, fluency, gestures and originality).
Resultado de imagen de good excellent scale
*Answers song --> love, dreams, face, believer, mind and pain.

            The End!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Vanesa!!
    I was looking at your blog and I have to admit that I liked it! You have some interesting activities and they include nice games for kids as well. I decide to comment in this activity because you have chosen a really good song. Children like this music and it is quite easy to understand. I love the fact you give them the opportunity to do a karaoke, it’s super fun!! They are going to enjoy it a lot. I would like to say that maybe you could do the fill in the gaps with hotpotatoes or another program so the kids would be able to do the activity on the net.
    Finally I just have to say congratulations for your work!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right and I could have done this activity with hotpotatoes. I take your advise for the next time. Thanks Carla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    In my view, with this activity pupils can improve their listening, reading and writing skills and practice the use of words collocations so, they can progress in they grammar skills and have fun at the same time. Moreover, they practice pronunciation. I like it!
    And I like the games you have on your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vanessa!
    I have visited your blog and I have to tell you that you have designed a lot of varied and interesting activities. I really like the idea of the fill in the gaps of the song and the video with the lyrics. Generally, students love songs and as Elena also said it´s a very good way for practising listening, reading, speaking or pronunciation all in one single activity.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Vanesa,

    Good job!! I think these kind of activities are very good to children learn vocabulary about seasons, weather clothes and food. Also, they will learn about healthy food tips, which is a very important topic. Students can improve listening, reading and writing skills. Such exercises online motivate students, who learn while having fun. It is a great idea!!. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete